Since 1990, New Minowa Players has offered an annual scholarship to students graduating from area high schools.
- The scholarship will be offered to students graduating from a high school within 30 miles of Decorah and to those who will be entering college after a gap year. This will extend to home-schooled students in the same region, as long as they have fulfilled the requirements for a high school degree.
- The applicant(s) must be planning to attend an accredited college or vocational school.
- The major criteria for choosing the winner(s) is the student’s involvement in drama and related areas and the intent to continue that involvement, in some way, following high school graduation.
- The student will be invited to share his/her involvement in post-high school drama with New Minowa Players Board following completion of the first year of college.
- Preference will be given to students who have been or are presently active in New Minowa Players.
Procedure for Application
- In addition to the form, each applicant is asked to submit a short essay (one page) describing how their experience in theatre has contributed to their lives.
- All applications should be submitted by the student via the online form or mailed to New Minowa Players P.O. Box 321, Decorah, IA 52101. Applications must be sent no later than the date provided on the website.
- If completing a physical application, it must be typed.
- The selection committee will be composed of three people, two of whom must be New Minowa Players members.
- Selection will be made in time for any awards night and will be presented in whatever manner the winner’s school chooses.
Thank you for your interest in our scholarship and good luck.
Applications must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. on April 22, 2022.
*Late entries will not be considered.
The annual amount of the scholarship(s) will be $200.