New Minowa Players is excited to announce the auditions for the 2020 Young People’s Production, the Quarantine Cabaret, which will be directed by Indigo Fish and Hallie Johnson. All young people going into 7th grade through just having graduated from college are eligible to audition, and we welcome all levels of experience.
Maintaining the health and safety of all participants and audience members is a top priority for NMP, and so, this year’s production will take place in a different format than previous YPPs, in light of the Covid-19 pandemic. The Cabaret will feature various acts that will be recorded and released to the public as videos. Rehearsal schedules will be more flexible and individualized, and will take place online in zoom calls during the month of July, with online performances available to the public between August 7th and 14th.
In order to audition, please complete the following steps:
- Fill out this google form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1XuqVU0pAR_8NGKyyKA0TUKwHbkFTGOTwxVz3Yzbi–M/edit
- Record a video of yourself performing a 60 second monologue.
- Record a video of yourself singing 16-30 bars of a song. (Preferably musical theatre, but we will be happy to hear anything you feel comfortable singing!) If you wish to sing a specific song as your own act in the cabaret, please sing that song in your audition.
- Email your audition recordings to directors Indigo Fish (firstname.lastname@example.org) AND Hallie Johnson (email@example.com.)
When you record your videos please make sure as much of your body is in frame as possible, Especially your face!
We hope you consider auditioning for this production, and look forward to another fantastic YPP!
- Adult and high-school aged actors are invited to audition for our April show, The Crucible. Auditions will be held at NMP at 906 S. Mill Street on Saturday, February 1, …Read Announcement
- Adult and high-school aged actors are invited to audition for NMP’s January show, Winnie the Pooh. Auditions will be held Saturday, November 16 beginning at 10 a.m., at the New …Read Announcement